When your child begins to attend preschool regularly, he or she is away from you for quite a number of
hours daily. This alteration from the routine of spending all of his/her time at home, with you or your family
members, is a big change for the child to process. Sometimes, parents also suffer from separation anxiety
when their kids start attending preschool full-time.
Therefore, it is very important for parents to take out time from their busy schedules and spend some quality
time with their children. This not only strengthens the parent-child bond but also gives the child a sense of
comfort and security, knowing that at the end of the day, their parents are with them.
Following are some activities you can do with your child so that the time you spend with them is enjoyable
for both you and your child:
1. Ask about your child’s day
2. Listen attentively to everything your child shares with you
3. Try and give solutions to any problems that your child shares with you
4. Play some of your child’s favourite games, such as board games, etc.
5. Please put your mobile phone on silent so that you are not disturbed or distracted
6. Avoid televisions, laptops, tablets, etc. so that you and your child can focus on each other
7. Help your child with his/her homework
8. Take your child out to amusement parks, game centres, parks, etc.
9. Buy activity books, such as colouring books, etc. which you and your child can enjoy together
10. Don’t talk negatively in front of the child; always try to be motivational and positive in your manner of