Dehydration means lack of enough supply of fluid to body. Due to high temperatures & heat children often get Dehydrated in Summer. Dehydration results in vomiting, diarrhea, not feeling thirsty, or combination of these conditions. Results in decrease in sweat, not urinating frequently. Children are more likely to suffer from Dehydration than adults. Because kids forget to drink water or any other fluids timely when they are playing or at school.
Few Causes of Dehydration –
One of the most cause of Dehydration is less fluids intake, over heat, excess straining, diarrhea, vomiting & high fevers.
Signs & Symptoms of Dehydration –
- Lips – Dry, patchy & cracked lips
- Mouth – dry mouth, mouth sores, ulcers, throat infections
- Urine – dark coloured urine, less quantity, not urinating for 8-12hours, pain while urinating
- Energy Levels – feeling dull, weak, lazy felling always
- Skin – Dry & flaky skin, tanning easily
- Eyes – Dry eyes, less watering while crying, burning sensation
- Infections – Diarrhea, vomiting, urine infections, and other infections, blood in stools
These are the few basic signs & symptoms to identify Dehydration. If the symptoms & signs are severe in ideal to consult a doctor immediately.
How to Overcome Dehydration in children –
One & only best solution to beat Dehydration is increase in timely Fluids intake.
Best home remedy
Oral Rehydration Solution: In 250ml water, add a half spoon salt & one spoon sugar. Mix all together & consume this every one-hour until you feel better. this remedy can be used even adults.
Few Best Hydrating Drinks for Summer –
- Water – Daily intake of 3 to 4 liters
- Coconut Water
- Barley Water
- Sugar Cane Juice
- Butter Milk
- Lemon Water
- Fresh Fruit Juices
- ORS – Oral Rehydration Solution
Dear Parents – Make sure you carry a water bottle with you while going out with your children. And make children also carry a water bottle with them while going to play in summer. Only not children even adults have to consume all seasonal fruits and eat only homemade foods, avoid outside foods & roadside drinks.
“Let’s Beat The Heat This Summer”